Thursday 11 October 2012

Weekend Smiles

Gemma and Dan came home, an unexpected treat and they are coming home next weekend too.


There were sunshiny walks by the sea ...


Some beautiful bird sightings, herons, 3 cormorants (too far away to photograph) - one of my favourite birds, ever since I was 4 and used to watch Noggin the Nog on tele (not many of you will know what I am talking about here) and the closest view of a kestral I have ever had!  A bit of rockpooling


Well I've had a lovely weekend, with lots to make me smile ....
Gemma and Dan came home, an unexpected treat and they are coming home next weekend too.

There were sunshiny walks by the sea ...

Some beautiful bird sightings, herons, 3 cormorants (too far away to photograph) - one of my favourite birds, ever since I was 4 and used to watch Noggin the Nog on tele (not many of you will know what I am talking about here) and the closest view of a kestral I have ever had! A bit of rockpooling

 

There were plenty of cakes. A lovely new baking book


From which I made sticky toffee slices ... yummy!


A great film at the cinema, Looper, which was really different and unpredictable.
And finally a trip to a vintage fair at manchester's victorian baths to a vintage fair.

 


Just a little time left for crafting. I have been knitting some handwarmers. It's the first time I've knitted using dpns and I really enjoy a new challenge. It's been fiddly but fun with an interesting butterfly cable pattern.



The pattern is by Tiny Owls who designs some very quirky knits; you can find her pattern here on ravelry. I'm also fancying knitting her thick jumper with a bear face, though not with the hood and bear ears included in the pattern!

I'l be starting a new knit this week which is considerably bigger, a jacket for autumn and here's a sneak preview of the wool; Rowan Felted Tweed.


And I've been piecing my farmer's wife wall hanging. It's quite slow going but I am really happy with the result so far. Couldn't get a decent photo though because of poor light, so next weekend will give an update then. Enjoy your week and hope you have some sunshine too. Just in case I'll share some of mine!

A great film at the cinema, Looper, which was really different and unpredictable.
And finally a trip to a vintage fair at manchester's victorian baths to a vintage fair.



Just a little time left for crafting.  I have been knitting some handwarmers.  It's the first time I've knitted using dpns and I really enjoy a new challenge.  It's been fiddly but fun with an interesting butterfly cable pattern.








2 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! I especially like the vintage fair snaps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much. Its been quite challenging with so little sunshine - but the fair was a lot of fun to photograph.

    ReplyDelete