Friday 1 December 2017

#OWOP17 Day 7 M6886

So I have had no difficulty wearing M6886 for the week, and here on the final day is my 5th version, finished on Wednesday evening.



I think this is a really great pattern, and from other's versions I think it suits most body-types.  I have chosen to make a fairly loose version suitable for work.  So I cut a size 14 (I'm a 37.5" bust 28 waist and 37 hip).  You could make a sexy version by making it a bit tighter, or choose a glamorous fabric.  I think it needs a firmish fabric though.




I raised the waist by 1" and added 1.5" to the length (I'm 5'4")  I narrowed the shoulders by 6/8".  I didn't turn over the neckline as advised but fitted a neck and.  I've just made a small swayback adjustment for the next time (and there will be more), you can see below there is a little too much fabric at the back.  In order to accommodate shorter jacket sleeves I made this one 3/4 length.



The dress goes together really easily and is a great project for beginners to knits.    I know a plain black ponte dress is a bit boring, but I have to be smart at work and it will be perfect with a number of my jackets, infact I'm considering wearing the outfit below for a very important work interview I have coming up.



Well that's the last for One week one pattern, and the most posts I have made in a week!  Hope it wasn't too boring.  Did you take part?

No comments:

Post a Comment