I wasn't sure about the Kalle dress. You may know I have a bit of a love/hate relationship with baggy dresses, mostly they drown me, so when the Kalle came out I gave it a wide birth, but I thought as it was this month's Sew My Style (#SewMyStyle2018) I would give it a try, and I'm glad I did.
This is fabric from my stash. I'm can't remember what it is something like a peachskin or cupro and I think it is perfect for the Kalle, which I think needs something drapey but with , weight. I love it for this dress including the colour. The only downside is that it doesn't press and thus wasn't easy to manage particularly with the placket. By the way I did get a little confused by the instructions relating to the placket and I used the sewalong for additional help. One thing I did find was how crucial it is to get real accuracy with your strips of interfacing and your folds.
I used the box pleat because I think it hangs better. The only real change I made was to reduce the difference between the front and back hem lengths and also to reduce the side split, I didn't want to flash too much thigh. I also didn't notice that the hem facing was for the cropped shirt and so having drafted and cut one, I thought I would use it any way. I'm it w not sure yet whether I will wear loose or chicken out and add a belt. Either way I like it, glad to have had a go and I've already bought some cupro for the next one.