Sunday 30 September 2018

September Burdastyle challenge: the Berlin sweatshirt

 
Another last minute make creeping into September.  Glad to say I have now managed to make a garment from each of the last nine Burdastyle magazines.  There were a few patterns I liked in the September issue, but in the end because of time I had to go for the easiest.  And this is an easy pattern (with full instructions, and only 3 pieces), so a really good choice for your first Burdastyle pattern.


This is a really straightforward very large sized sweatshirt.  I cut a size 40, but really would have preferred to go for a smaller one.  The most unusual feature is the pleated sleeves which make it a little different.  I used some black ribbing for the neck.



So why the Berlin sweatshirt?  Because I bought the material in Berlin from Stoff and Still.  I spent a lovely hour in this massive shop.  I meant to take a photo but think I was a bit overwhelmed by all the fabric.  So just to prove I had a lovely 3 days in this fabulous city with my lovely son and daughter-in-law, here's a photo of me and Dan at checkpoint Charlie.  I chose the grey sweatshirt fabric to match the slightly strange print fabric  (unusual way to spell believe).Both are great snuggly fabrics and sew up well. 








2 comments:

  1. Aww, look at that lovely picture of you and your son. Such a handsome guy :)

    I love your sweatshirt Mags and was also drawn to the pleated sleeves when I saw that Burda issue, so it's great to see it made up. Such unusual fabric too. Looks good quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great make.... can well believe a visit would take 3 hours to stoff and still. the pleats on the sleeve are a great detail.

    ReplyDelete