I have actually never made a tunic before, because I'm not sure I like the shape on me (I really like fitted garments), so I'm not sure why I picked this pattern. I think it was partly because after the January difficulties I thought this would be straightforward but mostly because I had this fabulour Nano Iro fabric in my stash and I thought it would be just right.
The pattern recommended fabric with some body and this is quite a stiff fabric (actually I think it will soften with washing and it might look better then).
The other thing I wouldn't normally do is mix patterns, but I have to say I love this combination. I used another Nano Iro for the placket, cuffs, hem and inside yoke. Because this fabric was a little thinner it really helped with the bulk, and I think the darker teal really lifts the main fabric.
When I said straightforward, it wasn't, I found the placket instructions difficult and I've come to the conclusion that I really miss diagrams on instructions and that it's much better when I don't need instructions. In this case I did the placket my way and it seems to have worked. The rest was straightforward.
I cut a size 14 (for a 36 1/4 bust). I'm a 37 1/2" bust, but even so I think I could have gone down a size. There is a lot of fabric in the body. I took over an 1" out of the shoulder width (I usually need 5/8"), so I think the yoke is particularly wide.
So overall, love the fabric, not as sure about the dress, though as I look at the photos it is growing on me, so I will definitely wear it. I was hoping to get my March BurdaStyle today to pick next month's choice , but no post due to the snow!