Sunday 5 February 2012

it's snowtime


Set off on a walk with Rosie on Saturday and 15 minutes later the much threatened snow arrived!  It snowed and snowed ..... for about 7 hours here.  Rosie had never seen snow before .....


... but decided she loved it ....


Any resemblance to a Yeti is entirely co-incidential!

Meg decided she definitely didn't like the snow and was careful not to actually tread on it.



While Jess wouldn't leave the house, preferring to stay in a sunny spot inside!


I had a lovely Sunday planned visiting my lovely son (with maybe a quick visit to Manchester Cath Kidson shop) but unfortunately a bit of a bug has put paid to that.  So instead Sunday has been spent under a blanket, some stitching, some sleeping and lots of toast. 

A bit of an update on my wips ...


My ripple blanket continues to grow (but has been a bit negleted recently).  I think I'm about a third of the way through ... so I think it will take until at least April to finish.  Shame really as hopefully the weather will be warmer then.

I've been focussing more on my cross-stitch cushion.  I've almost finished 3 of the 4 panels.  It will be finished with spotty duck egg blue.  As you may notice this is my favourite colour at the moment and in every room of my house (although getting fabric in this colour is proving very difficult).


This was a pattern in World of CrossStitching which I liked but not the colour scheme.  So I've changed the orange and lilac flowers, so I'll see how it goes. 

Finally just to say how delighted I am to have 2 followers.  I never thought anyone else would read this.  I do feel the need to apologise for the design of my blog, I know it needs much improvement. 


No comments:

Post a Comment