Sunday 17 June 2012

Time Flying

This will be a bit of a short post because I spend Sunday to Thursday night in Hull for work with little time for crafting.  I've been catching up since.  I don't know how people manage jobs where they travel, I find it exhausting.   Anyway I'll start with some knitting to come and a bit of bling!




This will become a 90 minute cowl using  Knit Collage's Gypsy Garden which I came accross by chance ... details to follow soon.

Although I haven't had much time available I finished my baby sampler for a friend's daughter's baby who put in an appearance last week.





This was a really easy, enjoyable stitch with some big blocks of colour.  I just need to get it framed.  I didn't know whether to pay to have it framed or do it myself because it is so much cheaper, but I've never framed one before and just worry about spoiling it, so I guess I'll have to have it framed, even though that will cost more than the actual cross-stitch!

Just to finish on a bit of colour in the midst of the awful weather - even without the sun the clematis are beginning to flower in the garden.  Looking forward to a quieter week and maybe some sun.

2 comments:

  1. That wool looks lovely. Very sparkly. I'm dying to see how it turns out and if it really takes 90 minutes! I paid to have some cross stitch framed recently and very was glad I did, even though it cost £30. It looks so much better than anything I could have done myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Mags I hope your work trip went well. Thanks for your lovely comment....yes, the rain did stop for a while when we were in the lakes...how lucky we were to have a few days of sunshine! Back to rainy and windy now though!
    Have a great weekend.
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete