Monday 30 May 2016

SewOverIt Pussy Bow Blouse and MeMade May

Last timeImade two tops (the Orla) I ended up not wearing either.  That won't be the case for the two SewOverIt pussy bow blouses.


This is actually the second one I made completely copied from Lisa's (SewOverIt) blouse.  The fabric is pure silk and appears to be sold out.  Although the fabric feels lovely it was not for the faint-hearted.  After handwashing getting the grain back was difficult and it moved during cutting, during sewing and pressing!  Still it is the drape that makes this blouse work for me.  I usually like a more fitted top but with this much drape it does work for me.


I made the lower V neck and really like this neckline.  This was the only tricky bit of the pattern getting the tie collar neat both inside and out, but with a bit of fiddling I managed!  Although the instructions are generally clear I could have done with clearer illustrations for the neck.  I cut a size 14, raised the waist by 1", reduced the sleeve length by 1", but made the cuff 5/8" wider.

 
This was actually the first one I made as a wearable muslin (fabric actually feels quite nice though it is very much a cheap ebay find at £3.50 per metre).
 

I used a little silk organza to help give the cuffs a little more stability.


I would also advice that you make the rouleaux loops much thinner than advised to make the cuffs neater.


Not much else to say.  I like the pattern and will be keeping it for possible future versions.

 
ME-MADE MAY
 
If you are pretty bored with Me-Made May look away now as I'm choosing to blog the whole lot at once.  As I wear me-made pretty much all the time it isn't really much of a challenge, but what I decided to do was to try to wear a different outfit everyday (though not when I was at home at the weekend when the same pair of sweatpants are pretty much what I wear).  So here we go!  I did manage to wear different outfits every day for the 20 days of work and a selection of weekend wear. I wear dresses a lot, but the most useful garment I have is my black wook-crepe skirt (not blogged).  My most complemented dress (though not my favourite) was the Lisette and my favourite pattern is probably Deer and Doe's Bruyere blouse.  Sory about the plethora of photos I tried to create a montage but failed miserably!
 
 

Vogue 1405



 
SewOverIt Pussy bow blouse and
 

Black wool crepe skirt
 
 

 

 




 
 
 
 

 


 
 
 


 
 
 
 

 

7 comments:

  1. How fun to see your Me Made May photos in a group! What an eye for color you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy, I do get a bit obsessed with certain colours.

      Delete
  2. Well done on completing M-M-M! You have a unique wardrobe. New Look 6905 is one of my favourites in this show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes,thats one of my favourites. I love the fabric. Did you get my email, would love to meet up. X

      Delete
  3. Oh, so many beautiful clothes here! How amazing to be able to wear handmade almost every day. Not a lot of people can say that. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm really happy with my wardrobe and when I cull my daughter-in-law usually takes them, so I get the pleasure of seeing her in them.

      Delete
  4. Wow! You have some great looks here Mags - I especially like the pussy bow blouses but so many of these outfits work really well for your figure and lifestyle. Well done.

    ReplyDelete